How to Factory Reset Your Oculus Quest 2
There are two ways that you can factory reset your Quest 2:
- Over the headset itself.
- Over the phone using the Oculus app.
It is important to note that if you are facing an issue you are trying to fix with a factory reset, you should only use it as a last resort, as all the data on your device will be deleted. You will have to download and install the Oculus Quest 2 updates and all the apps you want to use all over again.
How To Factory Reset Quest 2 Over The Headset
- Make sure your Quest 2 is off.
- Press and hold the “power” button and the “volume down” button until your Quest 2 turns on.
- Navigate to the Factory reset and select it (by pressing the power button):
- Highlight “Yes, erase and factory reset” with the volume button. Press the power button to restart your Quest 2.
How To Factory Reset Quest 2 Over The Oculus App On Your Phone
- Make sure the Quest 2 is paired with the phone app.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Tap on Menu and then Devices.
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced settings.
- Tap on Factory Reset
- Tap on Reset