How To Connect Airpods To Oculus Quest 2
While the Quest 2 has built-in headphones (which are technically small speakers), they are certainly not as great as a pair of AirPods that you might own. By using Airpods, you will feel more immersed in the games that you play due to higher sound quality, and even if you are using your Quest 2 to just watch some movies or listen to music, they are still a major upgrade.
Do note: There will be some latency with Airpods, so if you’re playing games like Beat Saber, you’ll have to adjust the audio latency in the settings.
Connecting your Airpods to Quest 2
Doing this is relatively easy, and if you follow our instructions, you should not have any issues.
Step 1 – Make sure that your AirPods are prepared for pairing
Before you can pair the Airpods to your Quest 2, make sure that they are in the out-of-the-box state:
1. Charge your Airpods in their case until they are fully charged.
2. While the Airpods are still in the case, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the Airpods case until you see the light in the front start flashing.
Step 2 – Connect the Airpods to your Quest 2
Once the Airpods are ready to be paired, you can turn on your Quest 2 and to the following:
1. Open up the main menu by pressing the menu button on your Quest 2 controller
2. Select the part with the time, battery, and Wi-Fi
3. Enter “Settings” by selecting it in the top right
4. Select “Devices Bluetooth, Keyboard, Mouse”
5. Select “Pair” under the “Bluetooth Pairing” (you might have to scroll down)
6. Find your Airpods from the list of devices (make sure they are still in pairing mode to find them)
7. As you select your device, select “Pair” on the pop-up prompt
And that’s it!
Enjoy using your Airpods with the Quest 2.