Best Computers For The HP Reverb G2
The HP Reverb G2 is one of the most exciting headsets on the market with 2160 x 2160 displays. The images look beautiful through the lenses of the Reverb G2, but it also requires a super powerful PC to run.
Here are the best PCs for the HP Reverb G2:
- Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) CPU Processor | 500G SSD – Up to 30x Faster Than Traditional HDD | A320M Motherboard
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6GB GDDR6 Video Card | 8 GB Gaming Memory DDR4 3000 with Heat Spreader | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- PCIe AC Wi-Fi with Antenna | No bloatware | 1 x HDMI, 1 x D-Sub, 1 x DVD-D | 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports, 2 x USB 2.0 | HD Audio and Mic | Free RGB Keyboard & Mouse
- 3 x RGB RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Powered by 80 Plus Certified 500 Watt Power Supply | Skytech mATX Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Case
- 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assemble in the USA | This Powerful Gaming PC Capable to Run Any of Your Favorite Game at 1080P High to Ultra Resolution with 60+ FPS Such As Apex Legends, Fortnite, Player Unknown Battleground (PUBG), Overwatch, CS:GO, Battlefield V, Anthem, The Division 2, and More
- ✔ AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor | 1TB SSD – Up to 30x faster than traditional HDD | B450 Motherboard
- ✔ GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card | 16GB DDR4 (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz Gaming Memory | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- ✔ 802.11AC Wi-Fi | No Bloatware | 3 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI | HD Audio and Mic | Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse | 1 x HDMI, 5 x USB 3.0 (1 Front + 4 Rear), and 3 x USB 2.0
- ✔ 4 x ARGB Dual RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Powered by 80 Plus Certified 650 Watt Gold Power Supply | Skytech Chronos, White Edition w/ Front Mesh Gaming Case
- ✔ 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA | This powerful gaming PC is capable of running all your favorite games such as World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Grand Theft Auto V, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Roblox, PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battlegrounds, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Battlefield V, Minecraft, The Division 2, and more at Ultra settings, detailed 1440p Quad HD resolution and smooth 60+ FPS gameplay.
- ✔ Intel Core i7-10700K 8-core 3.8GHz (5.1 GHz Max Boost) CPU Processor | 1TB NVME SSD | Z490 Motherboard
- ✔ GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X Graphics Card (Brand May Varies) | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Gaming Memory | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- ✔ 802.11AC Wi-Fi | No Bloatware | Graphic output options include 3 x DisplayPort 1.4 & 1 x HDMI 2.1 | HD Audio and Mic | Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse | 6 USB Ports include USB 2.0, 3.0, Gen 3.1 Type-A & Type-C
- ✔ 4 RGB Fans for maximum airflow | Powered by 80 Plus Certified 750 Watt Gold Power Supply | 120mm ARGB AIO Liquid Cool |Thermaltake S300 TG Black Case with Tempered Glass
- ✔ 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA | This powerful gaming PC is capable of running all your favorite games such as World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Grand Theft Auto V, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Roblox, PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battlegrounds, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Battlefield V, Minecraft, The Division 2, and more at High to Ultra settings, crisp 1440p Ultra HD resolution and smooth 60+ FPS game play.
With this machine, you’ll be able to get the best experience VR has to offer. Apart from having an RTX 3090 graphics card (which is massively overpriced right now), you can’t do better than this machine.
Building Your Own Computer:
Why Build a computer yourself?
- It’ll be a little bit cheaper (NOTE: Currently this is not true due to the shortage in graphics cards. If you want a cheap computer, you’re better off getting a pre-built).
- It’ll have more longevity. Manufacturers tend to cut corners when making these PCs – often using lesser quality parts so it won’t last as long as a computer you build yourself.
Here’s the build I use:
|Processor (CPU)||RTX 3080|
|Graphics Card (GPU)||Ryzen 5 5600X|
|Motherboard||ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming|
|Power Supply||Phanteks AMP 750W 80PLUS GOLD|
|Cooler||Corsair iCUE H100i|
|RAM||Viper Steel Series 32 GB DDR4|
|Storage 1||Crucial BX500 SSD|
|Storage 2||Seagate Barracuda 2TB|
Now I do have to say – finding an RTX 3080 can be pretty difficult, because it’s pretty new to the market and it’s always sold out. I recommend being patient and trying to snipe it when it becomes available.
For computer cases, there are several options, just pick one that you like from Amazon.
Hope you liked the new style of articles we post on VR Heaven. We’ll be focusing on making our posts more visual and interactive down the line, so if you like these types of post, be sure to let us know! Or if you hate them for whatever reason – we’d love your feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
EDIT: Shortage of PC Parts
As of now, there is a shortage of computers and PC parts, especially graphics cards. It’s cheaper to actually buy your own PC than to build one at this point – though I’ll update this post when that changes.
In case the computers are OUT OF STOCK, here’s what you should look for:
- At least 16 GB of DDR 4 RAM (if you want to be comfortable, get 32 GB DDR4)
- If you want to take advantage of the full resolution of the Reverb G2, then aim for at least an RTX 2070 graphics card. I recommend an RTX 3070 or 3080 though if you can get your hands on one. They’re frequently out of stock.
- CPU isn’t too important as long as it’s an i5 and above.
- Storage space is up to you.