VR Visual Novels Currently on the Market
There aren’t very many visual novels on VR right now.
Here’s a small list of VR visual novels on the market:
- Tokyo Chronos & Altdeus: Beyond Chronos (highly recommended)
- Innocent Forest 1 & 2 (these are pretty good, but only ~1-2 hours long)
- Koikatsu Party VR
- CUSTOM ORDER MAID 3D2 It’s a Night Magic
- Angels & Demigods – SciFi VR Visual Novel
(These are all available on Steam, but you might have to log into Steam in order to see them as they are age-restricted).
For fans looking for a good story, the only VR visual novel that delivers this is Tokyo Chronos and its sequel Altdeus: Beyond Chronos.
If you haven’t played those yet and are a fan of visual novels, you owe it to yourself to try them.
Petition For More VR Visual Novels
Do you wish there were more visual novels on the market?
Well the only way we’ll be able to achieve that is by showing our support to these developers.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if your favorite visual novels get ported to VR?
Me personally, I’d love to see these VNs get ported to VR:
- Zero Escape series
- G-Senjou no Maou
- Saya no Uta and
- Kara no Shoujo
How about you? Which ones would you like to see in VR?
I’d like to hear your voice. If we can generate enough interest, we can bring a proposal to these developers and see if they wanna port their visual novels into VR.
Why VR Visual Novels?
Visual novels have such an advantage in VR:
- On the 2D screen, it still feels like you’re reading a book. In VR, it feels like you’re listening and talking to characters.
- It’s low effort. Especially after a long day after work, people sometimes get lazy about putting on VR headsets, because the games require a lot of energy. With visual novels, you can just put it on, sit back, relax and enjoy the story.
- No motion sickness. It’s great for those prone to motion sickness and beginners to VR.
- VR lacks good storytelling and visual novels can change that. It’s not overly complicated to port a visual novel to VR like it is to port a game to VR.
Any questions? Drop us an email: email@example.com